Quebec continues to gradually open the isolation faucet by allowing the resumption of private health care and body and aesthetic care as of June 1.
Health Minister Danielle McCann and Employment and Social Solidarity Minister Jean Boulet announced Wednesday, that workers in the health, physical and aesthetic care fields may soon be back on the job.
Dentists and hairdressers will open on June 1, as well.
Here are the services that will resume from June 1 everywhere in Quebec:
– Dental and oral care
– Grooming services for animals
– Conjugal therapies
– Speech therapy
– Massage therapy
– Occupational therapy
– Career orientation
– Social work
– Nutrition services
– Other forms of alternative medicine
Here are the services that will resume from June 1, everywhere in Quebec, except for the territories of the Metropolitan Community of Montreal and the MRC of Joliette *:
– Hair salons
– Beauty centres
– Manicures and pedicures
– Hair removal
– Tattoo and piercing
– Skin care
– Personal care at home
* The date of resumption of these activities in the CMM and in the MRC of Joliette remains to be determined
Here is what is not yet part of the reopening:
– Fitness centres
PROTOCOLS TO BE RESPECTED
For the customers
– At the time of the appointment, have not had a fever for at least 48 hours, or symptoms for at least 24 hours.
– Wearing a mask is highly recommended for customers.
– In dentists’ offices, use an antiseptic mouthwash before treatment.
– Identify, using markers on the ground, the distance to be observed outside and in waiting areas
– Limit the number of people in the waiting areas.
– Disinfect surfaces, equipment and materials after contact with customers.
– Install partitions between different closely spaced workstations.
– Wear the mask when the distance of 2 meters cannot be respected.