The Lakeshore General Hospital (LGH) Foundation is happy to announce that its 19th Annual National Bank Duck Race, held on August 29th, 2015 at Valois Pool in Pointe-Claire, raised $61,605: these funds will be used to finance the Siemens Symbia S Gamma Camera. This equipment detects the presence of tumors and diseases in the bones and organs like the brain, heart, thyroid, lungs, liver, kidneys, etc.
“Our objective each year is to bring our community together in order to have fun and raise funds for the Lakeshore General Hospital.” said Heather Holmes, Managing Director of the LGH Foundation. “We are thrilled at the success of this 19th edition: not only did we surpass our attendance record, but also the funds raised exceeded last year’s numbers”, she added.
As of 11am, children and adults alike were able to let go and enjoy numerous activities: euro bungee, inflatables, dance and cheerleading performances, zumba, reptile show, local bands, face-painting, temporary tattoos, and carnival games. Lakeshore Louis, the LGH Foundation mascot, was also there to welcome the 330 party-goers, much to the delight of the many children present.
At 4pm, the crowd eagerly gathered around the pool to watch the much-awaited Race. 5,000 ducks raced in a friendly competition, propelled by the water-kicking of dozens of children and lifeguards. Here are the winners:
- – 1st prize (7-day cruise for 2 to Bahamas from New York. Value: 4,000$): Léopold Malo
- – 2nd prize (2-night getaway for 2 to Muskoka. Value: 1,000$): Sylvie Toupin
- – 3rd to 7th prizes (Tim Hortons gift card. Value: 200$): Premnath Dhanesar,
Josette Drouin, Mr. Bichai, Jean-Nil Belzile, Ken Jones
- – 8th prize (Elliptical. Value: 1,000$): Michelle Adams
- – 9th prize (Hand-crafted mirror. Value: 800$): Odette Di Muro
- – 10th prize (Family portrait package. Value: 600$): Pierrette Archambault
- – 11th and 12th prizes (Birthday party package. Value: 250$): Guy Nadeau, Felicia
W einm ann