Teen Arrested for Alleged Random Murder of Expectant Father on Nightly Dog Walk


An 18-year-old man stands accused of murder in the alleged random killing of an expectant father who was innocently taking his dog for a late-night walk last week.

Paul Grapsas, a 40-year-old resident of the Geelong waterfront, embarked on a routine stroll with his dog at around 11pm on Thursday. Tragically, he was discovered dead near his car by his pregnant wife Jessica, in the early hours of the following morning. The grim scene was located in front of a local church, an hour’s drive from Melbourne.

Follow us on Google News! ✔️

Exhibiting signs of serious head injuries from a savage assault, Grapsas’ demise triggered panic in his wife. Jessica woke up to find their dog alone at home and her husband nowhere to be found, spurring her into an urgent search that ended with the grim discovery of her husband’s lifeless body.

An official from the police department shared information with NCA NewsWire that there’s no previous connection known between the two men. Investigators are operating under the assumption that the atrocious act was a random attack.

Heartbroken by their loss, the Grapsas family honored the deceased on Monday. According to them, Paul was a caring husband, father, son, brother, uncle, and friend. His joy was found in the company of his loved ones and his church community. He leaves behind two young children with a third on the way, and a thriving career that had just seen a promotion.

Grapsas’ prominent standing in his community was echoed through his hobbies as an adept sportsman with a penchant for golf, fishing, and video games. His family bemoaned that he will be sorely missed by all those who loved him.

Victoria police shared details of the arrest on Wednesday afternoon, impelling potential witnesses to step forward. The arrested 18-year-old man, a resident of Belmont, was detained in Ocean Grove the previous day and questioned by the police the following morning.

The young man now faces murder charges and is scheduled to appear before Geelong Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday afternoon. The police believe that Grapsas left his Western Beach Road property for routine dog-walking at approximately 11pm on 14th September when the heartbreaking event took place.