Ontario and Quebec governments have announced specifics that are meant to limit traveling between the two provinces. Quebec Public Security has announced that only a select group of people will be permitted to enter the province by road.
Those allowed to enter the province include people who maintain a residence in Quebec,
- Those traveling for humanitarian purposes
- Those requiring health services,
- Those working or attending an academic institution
- Fulfilling’s a court judgment,
- Are employees of a federal service?
- Are transporting goods in or out of Quebec or
- Are seeking a primary residence in the province
Those returning to Quebec from Ontario are also required to self-isolate for 14 days except for those seeking medical care or attending humanitarian duties in the province.
The checkpoint will be established on the border where those traveling for the above reasons will be verified.