Psychotic Nurse Faces Justice for Tragic Triple Assault in Winnipeg Courtroom


A harrowing tale unfolded within the sterile confines of a Winnipeg courtroom, painting a potent tableau of tragedy steeped in mental affliction, violence, and unfathomable loss. Trevor Farley, an afflicted individual ensnared by the clutches of psychosis, stood accused of conducting fatal assaults on his parents and a nursing supervisor colleague. Trapped in sick delusions of divinely-commanded deliverance, Farley had been convinced he was ‘purging’ his victims of an insidious evil that had tainted their beings.

Court statements revealed Farley’s insistent assertions of a divine directive issued by the Angel Gabriel. He believed he had been entrusted with a sacred duty to eradicate the malevolent contamination from his victims in order to save them. This deeply unsettling revelation was conveyed to the court by Crown Attorney Shannon Benevides.

His counsel, however, made an unequivocal declaration. Farley himself recognized that he had orchestrated the attacks. However, the plea in his defense was premised upon an assertion of his mental illness, thereby proclaiming him not criminally responsible for his actions.

The consequent impact of these incidents as described by attorney Evan Roitenberg was undoubtedly beyond tragic. A family found themselves abruptly orphaned and a woman was brutally assaulted within the confines of her own workspace.

In the subsequent judicial proceedings, Farley registered a not guilty plea in response to the charges of first-degree murder in relation to his 73-year-old mother’s death, second-degree murder associated with his father’s demise, and attempted murder in the case of his colleague at Seven Oaks General Hospital.

Court records elaborated that Farley’s outburst had been precipitated by psychosis, believed to be a symptomatic manifestation of bipolar disorder and manic-depressive episodes. Legal representatives of the Crown assented to the findings of the mental health assessment held in Farley’s wake, establishing that he hadn’t comprehended the consequences of his catastrophic actions.

The agreed-upon statement also unveiled the grisly circumstances surrounding the fatalities. Farley had been located at Seven Oaks hospital using the data from his mobile phone, where he had previously worked as a nurse. He was apprehended immediately after attacking Candace Szkwarek, who miraculously survived but had to undergo significant surgical operations to save her life. The subsequent discovery of Farley’s parents’ bodies painted a grim picture of the extent of his delusions and the frightening intensity of the violence they precipitated.

The court also heard about Farley’s vocal opposition to the COVID-19 vaccine, which he intriguingly linked to his delusions and actions. His strange behavior in the activities leading to the fatal day were also highlighted. Farley’s consistent reporting of hearing voices and struggling with chronic mental health issues were unnerving echoes of his deteriorating condition.

The upcoming verdict from Justice Kenneth Champagne is eagerly anticipated and will ultimately determine Farley’s fate. In the face of overwhelming evidence, the effects of the verdict will undoubtedly reverberate through the Winnipeg community, the effects of this case will persist long after its conclusion.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here