These quick and easy whipped shortbread cookies make a great addition to any celebration dinner.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup softened unsalted butter, do not use margarine
3/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
coloured sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
2. Whisk flour, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high until very fluffy, about 4 to 5 min.
4. Add milk and vanilla and beat for 1 min.
5. Add in half of the flour mixture, then fold in with a spatula until just combined. Repeat. Spoon half of the batter into a piping bag fitted with a large, open star tip.
6. Cut off the corner of a freezer bag and fill with batter. Squeeze out into 1 1/2-in.-wide rosettes, 1 in. apart, on a prepared sheet.
7. Top with sprinkles, if using.
8. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 15 to 16 min. Let cool for 3 min, then transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
Kitchen Tip: Trace 1 1/2-in. circles onto parchment. Flip the parchment paper over and use circles as a guide when piping rosettes.