Manslaughter Charge Preferred In 14-Year-Old’s Overdose Case

0
13

About two years after a B.C teenager died, a charge of manslaughter has been preferred against an individual who was a minor back then.

Langley police said Thursday that the person who is aged 20 now has been found guilty of manslaughter in Carson Crimeni’s death.

The accused’s identity has been withheld, as he was a minor when the 14-year-old died. Police added that a warrant of arrest was issued by B.C Provincial Court.

However, the accused presented himself before police, a police statement read. He will be presented in court on the 20th of October.

The 14-year-old died in august, last year of an overdose. His family said that an autopsy did not find an obvious cause of death, but a toxicology report was ordered, and results will be released soon.

The family notes that their child may have died because of peer pressure from his friends. They noted that other teens pressured Crimeni to consume drugs at the Walnut Grove Skate Park.

Police are yet to say what led to the arrest, including the part the accused played causing the boy’s death.

On the day he died, the 14-year-old was found alone in the park after a video was posted online via the app snapchat, showing him in distress. A person who saw the footage informed local police.

Officer went to the park but did not find him. He was discovered about two hours later, and rushed to the emergency room, where he passed away.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here