From January 15 to March 7
This challenge aims to encourage all residents, young and old, to play outside and build snow castles or snowmen and fully enjoy the winter season.
To participate, simply do the following:
1. Read the safety instructions
2. Build a snow castle, a snowman, or any other snow sculpture
3. Take a picture of your creation
4. Send your picture by email at email@example.com
- All snow sculptures must be safe and as such, all roofs and tunnels are prohibited in order to avoid any collapse of snow which may cause physical injuries.
- It is recommended to build the snow sculptures in the backyard or by the side of the house. If this is not possible, any snow sculpture built in front of a house must be at least three (3) metres (10 ft) from the street to avoid any accident with snow removal trucks. All slides must be oriented towards the house.
- Safe accessories can be used to decorate a snow sculpture such as scarfs, flags, branches and carrots.
- It is possible to participate in the challenge more than once as long as each participation is for a new snow sculpture.
- All Kirkland residents can participate in the challenge by sending a picture of their snow sculpture by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The winners will be chosen by random draw at the end of the challenge in March.
- Anyone who participates or attempts to participate in the Snow Sculpture Challenge consents to having its pictures used by the Town of Kirkland on its website, its social media pages and all of its publications. The Town of Kirkland cannot be held liable for the use of said pictures and anyone who participates or attempts to participate in the challenge waives all claims with respect thereto.
- Also, anyone who participates or attempts to participate in the Snow Sculpture Challenge releases the Town of Kirkland from any liability arising from any damages suffered by participating or attempting to participate in the challenge and waives all claims with respect thereto.
For more information or for any questions regarding the challenge, please contact the Recreation Department at 514-630-2719, ext. 0, or by email at email@example.com.