Intoxicated Woman Faces Multiple Charges After Casino Confrontation with Police


In the early hours of last Saturday, an intoxicated woman was apprehended after an uproarious confrontation with two officers at Illinois’ renowned Rivers Casino, culminating in even more charges for the defiant female. Stephanie Neff, aged 38, a resident of Lake in the Hills, Illinois, found herself facing no less than multiple severe charges.

The charges included two counts of aggravated battery to a peace officer, aggravated assault to a peace officer, and even resistance against a peace officer. Neff promptly stood before the court, ready to face the music and was released from custody soon after.

Follow us on Google News! ✔️

The now infamous incident began revealing its piece when the obstreperous Neff tried to gain entry into the bustling Rivers Casino Des Plaines around 1 a.m. Vigilant security guards promptly declined her access, determining her state of inebriation inappropriate for the gaming facility, thus setting off a destructive chain of events. Neff, indignant and defiant, refused to leave the premises, ensuing an argument with the guards.

The security guards, their patience railing off quickly, beseeched Neff to leave the building repetitively. As necessitated by their predicament, the beleaguered guards finally alerted the local police department about the arduous situation.

The community’s peace-loving officers arrived at the scene, tracing the fiery situation to the third story of the sprawling complex, where they discovered Neff at odds with the beleaguered security personnel. Amid the escalated tension, Neff started yelling at the officers, later promising to exit the establishment and hire a rideshare service for her departure.

Safely escorting her to the anticipated departures area outside the building, officers expected the tumult to subside. However, in a sudden twist of events, Neff once again backtracked on her promise, refusing to get into the rideshare vehicle and began shambling back toward the casino entrance, preparing to spar once again with the peacekeepers.

As she moved to clash with the security guards stationed at the entrance, an officer took it upon himself to intervene. Unhindered by the officer’s presence, Neff threatened to hit him in the face audaciously. Going on to carry out her threat, she allegedly punched the officer while also appearing to strike him with her chest.

As the situation spiraled, the officer tried to maintain peace by pushing Neff away, who unswayed, returned to assault the officer once again. Officers tried to handcuff her in vain as she defiantly refused to cooperate.

Subsequently, with adequate control exercised over her, she was escorted to a nearby police car. However, on being placed in the back seat, Neff lashed out again, this time kicking both a police sergeant and the officer previously assaulted during the confrontation.

Eventually, Neff was subdued and transported to Des Plaines Police Department headquarters, where her case was officially handed over to the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office for prosecution.

In an aftermath marked by chaos, fortunately, none of the frontline security guards or officers involved sustained any severe injuries from her violent outbursts, thereby preventing an even more disconcerting conclusion.