Information regarding the scheduled work by Hydro-Québec on the Jacques-Bizard: REPLACING THE ROOF OF AN UNDERGROUND VAULT
Nature of work
As part of its refurbishment program for underground structures, Hydro-Québec needs to rebuild the roof of an underground vault located in the Jacques-Bizard bridge. The construction contractor must first remove the old concrete roof before replacing it with a new one.
- Complete closure of one lane on the Jacques-Bizard bridge
- Complete closure of the sidewalk on the bridge, between Rue Cherrier and Boulevard Gouin
- Equipment noise due to certain operations
- Installation of appropriate signage
- Installation of worksite fences and Jersey barriers to separate the work area from the roadway
- Division of the bike path on the eastern side of the bridge so it can be shared with pedestrians
- Police presence where required
- No service interruptions
Duration and work schedule
- From June 29 to July 17
- Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The West Island Blog visited the work site June 30th to get a closer look, watch the live video here: