By Joanna McDonald
Summer is a time for exploring, having fun and relaxing! This handy, make-at-home concoction is perfect to bring along to all your activities to help to keep the bugs at bay, and allow you to have more fun, without the worry of harsh chemicals and toxic smells.
What you’ll need:
3 oz. bottle with “Spritzer-style” top
1/2 – 1 cup filtered water
1/2 tsp. melted coconut oil
5 drops of the following essential oils (available at health food stores)
- Melaleuca (tea tree)
Fill your spray bottle to 3/4 of the way full with water. Depending on the size of your bottle, adjust amounts accordingly. Carefully add coconut oil. Add essential oils. Close and shake well for 30 seconds to blend. * Coconut oil may be replaced with grapeseed oil if a nut allergy is present.
If by chance you have been bitten recently, this recipe is also anti-bacterial and anti-itch to help those bites heal. Simply apply as needed.
- Please use caution and/or seek medical advice prior to using if you are:
- have diagnosed illness
- have nut allergies
- have chronic health issues
- using product with children and pets
- have allergies and skin sensitivities.
- Please avoid contact with eyes, ears, nose and sensitive areas. Discontinue if irritation occurs. When using essential oils, please test prior to use on a “test area” of skin and use caution.
Joanna McDonald is a natural health pioneer, medical-intuitive counselor and energy practitioner as well as a freelance writer and is currently working on her first book about food and the Chakra system. When she isn’t creating a new recipe or finding the latest scoop on healthy living, you can find her hiking, biking or practicing yoga in the great outdoors.Joanna McDonald; MT, Rp, FSm
Soul Food – Blending Divine guidance & holistic nutrition for healthy lifestyles