- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat germ
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, and flax seed. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combing honey, eggs, oil, water, applesauce and pumpkin puree until well combined. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until well-mixed.
- Form into a disc and roll out on a well-floured surface until about ¼” thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes and place on prepared baking sheet about 1″ apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until treats are very brown and very hard.
- Let cool completely . Store in an airtight container.