Flourless, gluten free peanut butter chocolate chunk blondies. Completely addicting and ridiculously delicious when swirled with nutella!
- 2 cups all natural unsalted creamy or crunchy peanut butter (you can also use old-fashioned PB)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey, agave, or pure maple syrup (only use 1/3 cup if you are making banana version)
- OPTIONAL: 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt,plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 1/4 cup nutella (or nutella substitute of choice)
- 3 oz your favorite dark chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9×13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, combine peanut butter, eggs, honey, baking soda, banana if using, vanilla, and sea salt; beat on medium speed until batter is well combined and smooth. Gently fold in half of your chopped dark chocolate, reserving the other half for topping.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Place nutella, one teaspoon at a time randomly all over the top of the batter. Gently swirl back and forth with a knife, smoothing any holes you make. Sprinkle remaining chopped chocolate on top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until edges of bars begin to turn a slight golden brown. The bars may look a bit underdone, but that’s okay, you want them to stay chewy and they’ll continue to bake a bit once you remove them from the oven. Place pan on wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt if desired and cut bars into 30 squares
Bars can be frozen; I loved eating mine cold.