By Eva Tomlin
Despite the frigid temperatures of -15 Celsius, fire broke out in Pointe Claire two nights ago on the corner of Saddlewood Ave and Westfield Ave. The townhouse was occupied at the time of the chimney fire which had firefighters preventing flames from spreading to adjacent homes.
Firefighters first had to use a chainsaw to cut branches to make way for the crane style ladders to reach the second floor. The fire was successfully put out in under 30 minutes and never reached a high alarm status.