Fire Crews Battled A Fire At A Moulding Plant In Southwestern Nova Scotia

0
232

Lewis Mouldings, a moulding plant in Southwestern Nova Scotia, has caught fire on Tuesday. Fire crews arrived on the scene quickly and started battling the raging flame. Fire Chief Doug Cromwell said that his department was paged about “quite a fire” in Weymouth at 6:45 p.m. at Lewis Mouldings. The moulding plant of Lewis Mouldings creates trim from Eastern white pine.

“I think that’s the last big business in the area,” Cromwell said Tuesday, estimating the plant has about 100 employees.

According to Cromwell, the fire was situated at the back of the building. Fire departments from Weymouth, Digby and the surrounding areas were called to combat the fire and provide support for their colleagues.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here