West Islanders are being as innovative as ever to ensure that not only will Halloween happen, but that it will be a safe and fun experience for all. The city of DDO is hosting An Unforgettable Halloween drive-through experience packed with audio and visual special effects sure to spook the senses. Expect to drive through a mobile animation alley (contactless) followed by a bewitching experience in a tunnel animated with sounds and light effects.
This experience was so well-received by the community that the City of DDO added an extra date so everyone has a chance to get their fill of spookiness this Halloween season! Drive-up with your quarantine bubble on October 31st, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and on November 1st, from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
While the Saturday edition is fully booked, call 514-684-1011, ext. 8 or 9, to reserve your spot on Sunday today! Reservations are required and must be made during Sports Recreation Services office hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to noon and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The City offers this experience free of charge to its residents. / For everyone (recommended age: 8 and over)
- Free of charge
- For Dollard-des-Ormeaux residents only: proof of residency required on site
- One reservation per civic address only
- A bag of candy given to each child in the car
- Locations: Civic Centre Parking Lot #2
The City of DDO special instructions/COVID-19
Certain instructions are put in place to ensure compliance with the health measures in respect of social distancing issued by Public Health. Please read and apply the following instructions during your visit:
- Present yourself at the exact time of your reservation to ensure the smooth flow of traffic.
- Recreational vehicles, motorcycles, and trucks with a height of more than 7 feet are not allowed.
- Please follow the directions of the designated line-up and tunnel attendants.
- Once in the queue and tunnel, you must turn off the engine and headlights and keep them off until you are directed to another location.
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Honking the horn is prohibited.
- The activity takes place rain or shine.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in expulsion.
- No toilets are available on site.
Don’t forget your Halloween treats! Not sure what to bring? The West Island Blog has you covered with these 5 Pumpkin Treats for a Tasty Halloween Beyond Pumpkin Pie!