Dollard Mayor Says we pay too much to Agglomeration – WE REALLY DO

As West islanders we pay a bulk of our taxes to Montreal.  We pay for the things we do not necessarily benefit from.  More importantly if we pay why...

Kirkland Council gets Salary Increase

Kirkland Council approves 20% salary increase By Rhonda Massad At its Feb. 3 council meeting, Kirkland announced that at its next gathering in March, it plans to vote on increasing the...

Montreal Agglo Council spends $2.7 million because Pointe Claire is too far.

West Islanders cough up $500,000 for a contest that can't be held in Pointe Claire because it is too far?  If we are too far to play then we...

TBT :100 Year Anniversary of Beaconsfield

Throw Back Thursday- In 2010 -   Here I am with my little guy celebrating the 100 year Birthday of our city.  We were part of a wonderful parade...

Batshaw Construction Jan 2014

The fluctuation in temperatures has not stopped the construction at the future Batshaw building on Elm.   There has been an open dialogue with Batshaw and a citizens group led by...

Mayor Bourelle is encouraged to be addressing Angell Woods Spring 2014

According to a recent article in the Suburban -  Mayor Bourelle and his council will be addressing the Angell Woods dilema in short order.  One of the Mayor's  campagin promises...

Beaconsfield isn’t picking up the garbage?

Here we are January 9 , 2014.  With a new and fresh start everyone is back to work with renewed energy.  But maybe not.  The garbage pick up around...

4.2 Million Dollar “Surplus”

The one thing that became very clear to me on council was that people did not have access to proper information.  It seems rumour, media and a lack of...
The beginner’s guide to vaping

The beginner’s guide to vaping

The beginner’s guide to vaping Although I started vaping many years ago, I have never forgotten how confusing it was when I decided to quit smoking and start vaping. In...

New Car Concerns – How to Finance a Car on a Budget

Image: http://img.autobytel.com/car-reviews/autobytel/10054-are-zero-down-car-loans-a-smart-choice/Auto%20loan%201.jpg Buying a new car is an exciting experience. From doing the research to taking your new vehicle out for its first test-drive, there really is nothing else quite...

Featured Story

Your Community

X
X