Thursday, March 28, 2024
Beaconsfield Billboard

Public walk out on Bourelle’s billboard consultation

City releases press release about outcome of meeting during meeting  By Kevin Woodhouse www.thesuburban.com What began as a public consultation meeting in the city of Beaconsfield monday night on the topic...
Color My Community

Color My Community raises $3,800 for WICS

By Rhonda Massad If winning the Lieutenant Governor Medal this spring was not keeping 19 year old community activist Sarina Lalla busy enough her proposed fundraising project also won the...

Baie d’Urfé town hall spending tops $100,000

By Robert Frank www.thesuburban.com Mayor Maria Tutino again declined to answer a question on how much Baie d’Urfé has spent on its proposed town hall expansion, during the town’s May 12...
D'Arcy McGee MNA David Birnbaum.

CIUSSS managers scrambling to maintain caregiver services

By P.A. Sévigny www.thesuburban.com During last week’s exclusive telephone interview, local MNA David Birnbaum told The Suburban that he had already talked to Health Minister Gaétan Barette and local CIUSSS (Centre...
Beaconsfield Billboard

Billboard bother in Beaconsfield

By Carmen Fabio www.yourlocaljournal.com Describing what would amount to ‘substantial’ revenues for the Town of Beaconsfield, Mayor Georges Bourelle announced April 27 that council is considering installing an electronic billboard on...
Cookie Photo

Teen summer photo camp promises a week of creative bliss

By Rhonda Massad I wish I was between the age of 12 to 17 so I could take advantage of Cookie Photos summer camp located in the Pointe Claire Plaza. ...

Tis the season of obstacle course races

With her first Spartan of the season completed, Beaconsfield resident Caroline Laforest hopes to complete 6 obstacle course races this summer, 5 Spartan Races, one Xman Race and the...
Joy Shatner

Seniors take to the stage with a show called Come Laugh with Us

By Rhonda Massad Actor Lois Dellar has had the privilege of teaching seniors between the ages of 80 and 106 the art of theater acting for the past ten years. After...
Nurses week at WIPCR

“It’s all about life at West Island Palliative Care Residence” nurses say

“Use the good cutlery and wear the good dress” by Rhonda Massad In celebration of nurse’s week, last Wednesday, The Suburban caught up with nurses at West Island Palliative Care Residence...
Urban Garden

Food gardens are trending to reduce carbon foot print

by Rhonda Massad Eating local and growing your own food is a trend that has erupted in the past few years according to owner of Pointe Claire Nursery, Stephen Scheunert. According...