The Borough of Pierrefonds-Roxboro is organizing a Big Clean-Up Operation on May 27 to clean up the properties affected by the flooding over the past few weeks. By May 27, the lawns of all these properties will have had the time to dry up and therefore make it possible for the volunteers to start cleaning them up safely.
Do you want to help out?
In order to carry out the various tasks involved in this clean-up operation, we are looking for volunteers:
- who are age 16 and over
- who are physically fit, and
- who are strong (a large number of the volunteers will be asked to move many sand bags)
Anyone interested must register by clicking here.
** Registration is required. The deadline is Wednesday, May 24, 11:59 p.m.**
An email with information on the procedures and meeting place will be sent to all the volunteers on Friday, May 26.
- Please wear long pants, a long-sleeved t-shirt or sweatshirt and closed shoes.
- A kit provided by the Red Cross will be given to you on the morning of the clean-up operation. It will include such essentials as a mask, gloves, a numbered vest and water.
- A map of the sectors to be cleaned up will be given to the volunteers on the morning of the clean-up operations.
- You will be given a lunch.
- The necessary equipment will be provided (shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows…).
You are a flood victim and would like to have help?
The Big Clean-Up Operation crew will be passing through your area on May 27. If you can’t be at home, just put up a sign marked “Big Clean-Up Operation”, with your list of needs. The crew will try and carry out these tasks as much as possible!
We thank you in advance for your generosity and wish the flood victims all the best!