Last Wednesday, B.C’s Health team reported 250 new infections, and three fatalities relating to COVID-19.
This is the lowest caseload the province has registered in one day since the 29th of October when it had 234 infections.
With the new numbers added, the provincial 7-day average dropped to a 327-rolling average.
Wednesday’s briefing from Health Minister Adrian Dix and Dr. Bonny Henry placed B.C total caseload at 3580.
Of these, 296 persons are under hospital care and include 97 who are in the intensive care unit.
The infections and hospitalization rate form part of the province’s metrics in determining how it proceeds in its 4-step re-opening plan, whose details the two present last Tuesday.
Another potential indicator the government and health team will use when they can shift to the next stage is the provincial immunization rate. Based on Wednesday’s figures, the province has administered 2979951 doses so far, most of which are first jabs.
Dr. Henry and Minister Dix said that the province’s restart program describes the government’s plan to help re-open and have people go back to their lives without watering down the progress made so far.
As part of the restart plan, the government is letting people return to indoor dining at restaurants and privately, and some indoor gatherings with a maximum of 5 persons. Organized events like weddings will also be allowed but only 50 persons can attend altogether as long are guests are seated and organizers have safety measures in place.
However, the government said it will not allow non-essential movement within the province’s three key health zones: Interior and north, Vancouver Island, and the Lower Mainland.
Travel restriction will expire once the province shifts to the second step of the three of the restart program.