Air Transat announced on their website that they will be back to flights and tour operator activities as of July 23, 2020. They are offering a new flight schedule to more than 20 destinations in Europe, the South, the United States and Canada until the end of the summer season on October 31, 2020. They are also offering South and Europe packages during this period.
Depending on demand and the easing of regulatory restrictions, Air Transat may modify its flight schedule for the months of September and October. If you have a reservation for a trip scheduled during the summer season and would like to review your options, they suggest you consult their FAQs.
Protocols suggested by Air Transat to keep safe while flying:
- Make sure your health allows you to travel. Watch for common symptoms of COVID-19, and take your temperature.
- Stay informed. The situation is changing quickly, as are the measures. Check the websites of your country of destination and airports to see if there are any additional health measures you would need to take.
- You will be required to wear a face covering in the plane and on the transfer bus to the hotel (if you have an all-inclusive package), so make sure to bring at least one with you on your trip. You may also be required to wear one at the airport.
- We recommend you check in online, available 24 hours before your flight. You will also be asked a few health-related questions.
- To avoid payments at the airport, we recommend you make your payments online, up to 72 hours before departure, for any extra bags, sports equipment or extra inflight services.
- Download the Air Transat app* to stay informed.